From August 31st to September 4th 2023
Stay in the center of the Festival!
A dedicated and passionate team of volunteers will welcome you to the RV Park of the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival. Staying at the RV Park will allow you to discover or rediscover our magnificent Outaouais region and its many cultural and outdoor activities. The National Capital Region offers many facets for both city and nature lovers.
Adress : 1089, Jacques-Cartier street
Visit iconic sites!
- The highest concentration of national museums in the country
- The largest spa in North America
- Gatineau Park’s 361 km2 of green space
- The only interprovincial zip line in the world
Ride your bike!
- More than 600 km of bicycle paths, including a trail that runs along the Ottawa River right outside the RV park.
To learn more about activities in the Outaouais, you can visit the Outaouais Tourism website.
1089, rue Jacques Cartier, Gatineau, Québec, J8T 2W3
GPS Coordinates : 22.214.171.124.0 N and -126.96.36.199.5 W
Reservation and arrival
Upon arrival, all sites are allocated on a first come, first served basis. It is therefore not possible to reserve a specific site.
A minimum of 3 nights is required for a stay at the RV Park, i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The last day of arrival is Friday.
If you wish to add a night’s stay, you can contact us at 819 243-2330.
See the rates of the RV Park by clicking here.
The purchase of at least 1 5-day pass is required to reserve a site at the RV park.
The price indicated is for one campground (per night). The price does not include tickets to access the site and shows of the FMG.
– Address of the RV Park : 1089, rue Jacques Cartier, Gatineau, Québec, J8T 2W3
– Please have your invoice and proof of identity ready.
– For all transactions that are made online, we ask you to verify your purchases before you arrive on the site. If you wish to make any additions, please do so before arriving at the site.
– You will be able to fill up with water in the P4 before the usher invites you to position your RV.
– Ushers will designate a campsite for you. Your RV will be placed next to the other RVs, in the area open at the time of your arrival.
– The team of ushers remains open to requests from RVers who wish to be positioned further out on the site, provided that this request does not disrupt the RV parking operations. The final decision rests with the ushers.
After opening hours, you can park in the parking lot overnight until the attendant arrives in the morning.
In order to ease local traffic, recreational vehicles must leave the RV Park via Jacques-Cartier Street.
If your occupancy permit is valid until Monday, it is possible to extend your stay until Tuesday for as little as $14.99 plus tax. Simply go to the Welcome Tent with your original occupancy permit to make the change.
All RV’s must leave the site by noon on Tuesday morning.
Occupancy permits will be of different colors depending on the day of departure chosen.
Please leave your site clean when you leave.
The Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival management reserves the right to enter into agreements with the various camping and RV associations as well as the event’s partners. It is therefore possible to reserve one or more complete sections for the purpose of holding a group activity.
RVers who wish to camp next to each other must arrive at the same time. If there is a gap between your arrival and that of your companions, we will offer you a spot at the far end of the site so that you can wait for the rest of your group. When you are all assembled, the usher will assign you sites side by side.
You may receive visitors on your campsite during your stay at the RV Park. However, if your visitors wish to access the Festival site, they will have to purchase a ticket online.
The parking regulations in effect must be respected. Visitors must leave their cars outside the RV Park, unless they purchase a 2nd parking sticker to access your lot by vehicle. Maximum of 2 stickers per lot.
Location and sites
The RV Park and the Festival are both located in La Baie Park. Depending on your location, you are at most a 15 minute walk from the nearest entrance.
Each spot is 25 feet by 50 feet (7.62 m by 15.24 m). You can pitch a tent on a spot with an RV as long as they fit within the boundaries and meet the fire department’s specifications. You can also rent a spot for a tent only. The number of festival-goers staying on a site is not regulated, but must be respectful of a healthy quality of life for the individuals and their surroundings.
Services RV park
Some 30 or so campsites are reserved for them, 15 of which have access to electricity. When reserving, be sure to mention your specific requirements*. You will be asked to provide a supporting document, such as an accessible parking permit or a medical note. The campsites that are located close to an electrical source are assigned to RVers using a medical device requiring electricity.
*The fact that you use a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine is not sufficient grounds for supplying hydro.
As this is a municipal park that we are converting for the GMF, there are no on-site services. Nevertheless, on the day of your arrival, we will fill your RV with water free of charge and you can use your generator according to the following schedule :
Morning: 7:00 am to 9:30 am
Noon: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Evening: 5 pm to 8 pm
For the respect of your neighbors, we thank you for respecting this schedule when recharging the battery of your recreational vehicle.
Chemical toilets are located throughout the RV Park.
A dozen dumping stations are installed directly on the RV Park.
The FMG is dedicated to being a clean and green event. We ask that you separate your rubbish, recycling and consigned items into separate containers. At each drop-off point, you will find bins marked, WASTE / RECYCLING / CONSIGNED, so that you can deposit your containers.
Recreational Vehicle Campground Rules
These rules were prepared for the well-being and comfort of all campers attending the Festival.
1. Campers have to register in the welcome tent at the RV Park during business hours. After hours, they can park in the parking lot overnight until the attendant arrives in the morning.
2. The rates for a stay in the RV Park do not include the paid accesses of the Festival. Campers must purchase the necessary accesses.
3. The parking sticker, provided at arrival, must be pasted on the windshield of the vehicle.
4. The occupancy permit, provided at arrival, must be clearly visible through a window of the RV at all time.
5. All sites are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Each RV must be parked as instructed by the event handlers.
6. Campers must respect the boundaries of the site assigned to them in order to avoid obstructing roads and pathways. The RV, cars (maximum of two per site) and any equipment must not protrude beyond the site boundaries. One parking permit is included with the reservation, a second one can be purchased at an additional cost.
7. Any change in site must be approved by an official of the RV Park.
8. It is strictly prohibited to reserve a spot for another camper with a car or any other equipment.
9. It is strictly prohibited to reserve a site for an automobile.
10. The vehicle must be detached from the RV if the two together exceed the length of the assigned site.
11. Two or more RVs may not be parked in a “U” shape arrangement.
12. Only cars assigned a parking sticker may enter the campsite. Visitors must leave their cars outside the RV Park, unless they purchase a 2nd parking sticker to access your lot by vehicle. Maximum of 2 stickers per lot.
13. The use of all-terrain vehicles on the Festival grounds is strictly prohibited, but is tolerated within the RV Park.
14. RV owners wishing to stay an extra night must make arrangements and pay the additional fee at the reception.
15. Out of respect for the event sponsors, campers may not post “For Sale” signs on their RVs. Itinerant vendors will not be tolerated on the site without previous arrangements.
All Gatineau fire regulations regarding recreational vehicles must be followed.
1. The speed limit on the campground is 10 km/hour.
2. Campfires are prohibited at the campground, regardless of the type of fireplace or container used, including propane fireplace.
3. Only propane BBQs are allowed.
4. Weapons of all kinds are prohibited, including arrows, firecrackers and fireworks.
1. A water station is available for filling RV reservoirs for domestic use. No temporary or permanent hookup to the RV Park water supply is permitted.
2. No hookup to any power source located within the RV Park is permitted without authorization from a site official.
3. Generators may be used from 7 to 9:30 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., and 5 to 8 p.m.
4. Waste must be placed in a plastic bag and dropped into the containers provided for this purpose.
5. Ten (10) dumping stations are available free of charge on the campground.
1. Quiet time is from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
2. Any excess noise that could inconvenience or disturb the other campers in any way is strictly prohibited at all times.
3. Damaging or cutting trees, shrubs, plants, etc. is prohibited.
4. It is prohibited to pour any type of liquid or solid waste from your RV onto the ground.
5. Alcoholic drinks may only be consumed in your section or unit. It is strictly prohibited to bring alcoholic beverages into the Festival grounds.
6. Only unbreakable containers are allowed when driving on theProperty.
7. Indecency, nudity, loud arguments, brawls and bad behaviour are prohibited.
8. We ask that you leave your site clean upon your departure.
Pets are permitted in accordance with this policy.
– They must be leashed at all times within the RV Park.
– They must not disrupt the neighborhood or cause any disturbances.
– Their droppings must be picked up.
Pets are not permitted on the Festival grounds.
The Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival bears no responsibility for accidents or injuries that occur within the RV Park.
Neither the Festival corporation nor Ville de Gatineau can be held responsible for the loss of belongings or damage caused to a vehicle, an RV or any other property. Do not leave any objects (coolers, bicycles, chairs, barbecues, etc.) unattended outside your RV.
Festival management reserves the right to evict without notice any client, as well as any person accompanying that client, who breaks one or more of the rules or who is considered undesirable. Moreover, evicted clients will not be entitled to a refund.
In accordance with the purchasing policy, there is no reimbursement or exchange.
Management may amend these rules or expand upon them without prior notice.
Emergency: Police – Fire – Ambulance – Call 911!